The Daily Deskhenge:
Ok, so I did something a little different today because I was really feeling the Tarot. I just made a simple pile of stones, and then arranged cards all around it in a circle. I laid them out in a square first (top card, bottom card, right card, left card), and then did the diagonals. When I’m doing a reading using cards other than the Tarot, this is a typical layout I’ll use. I read each line top to bottom and left to right, and diagonally too. There’s a lot of information that can come in this way, and it frees me up from the structure of the Celtic Cross. And as I’m looking at the picture now, I see that the three stones are in a vertical line, mirroring the cards. I didn’t do that on purpose–I guess my subconscious has some need to show up vertically today. 😉
So, what does it all mean? Well, I did a reading for myself on Friday using the aforementioned Celtic Cross, and six of these cards came up then; it’s no surprise that it’s coming up for me now, in these positions and in these relationships with one another. But what does this mean for all of you reading this? Let’s see.
- The top line left-to-right can mean that you’ve had a good run where you were previously, but it’s time to move on. Look for opportunities to speak your piece around this, and to really vocalize (and therefore put power into) what you want.
- The center line left-to-right can mean that you need to get really rooted and grounded in your body to allow that great new idea to enter, to lift you up out of your “Poverty Conscious” way of thinking. Get physical. Get real.
- The bottom line left-to-right can mean that you’ve let something fall away from your life that has thrown you out of balance, and now you’re working to get back into balance. This is all good news, and will allow you to take your next big step on the path of life. Hooray!
- The left line top-to-bottom can mean that you overdid it, and I mean SERIOUSLY overdid it, in the past somehow. In some way, perhaps you were unable to show mercy towards others who didn’t have what you had, so what you had got taken from you. Now you’re feeling what it’s like to be on the “have-not” side of the equation to help you learn compassion.
- The center line top-to-bottom can mean this new road you’re taking will help you get really deeply rooted and grounded in yourself, in your real life and your real destiny. You are experiencing whatever it is you’re going through to prepare you to handle what’s next, good or bad or indifferent.
- The right line top-to-bottom can mean that you will get an opportunity to really show your mettle in dealing with others when you’re in a position of power and they’re not. Use your head, use what you’ve learned, choose wisely, and all will end well. Hooray!
- The left top-to-bottom diagonal line can mean that being rooted and really centered in the way you make wishes and in the energy you put out there for yourself and others will end well, and will bring you good fortune (or at least some heavy-duty karma/brownie points). This is good. 🙂
- The right top-to-bottom diagonal line can mean that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts in a way that will leave you regretting you were ever born. So be warned: don’t be an asshole. Use your power wisely, and for the benefit of yourself and others.
Whew! So how does that work for you?